Tuesday 31 July 2007

Image transfers - always learning more

I've been working on image transfers for some time now, and I must say that internet has been the greatest source of information on that subject. Still, you can't learn all the tricks by just reading instructions, you have to try. And that's what I've been doing - a lot! To be honest, I haven't been too happy with the results until I tried using inkjet transparencies, inspired by this. Here's three test pieces:

1. I applied gesso to the book page just to get some whiteness on the background. After it was dry I applied gel medium on the page, then placed the image on it and rubbed. Finally I just pulled off the transparency and the image was succesfully transferred.

With the next two images, I used only gesso to transfer the image, not gel medium at all! It worked quite as well.

2. I applied a thick layer of gesso on the page and while it was still wet, I placed the image on it, rubbed and pulled off.

3. I used less gesso, placed the image on the page and rubbed only the center area to get more fragile-looking edges.

No comments: