Tuesday 19 February 2008

Deserted house


There is this mysterious deserted old house nearby where I used to live as a little girl. Last weekend I took a trip to see if it's still there. It certainly has decayed during the years, but not as badly as I thought. To me, abandoned houses are very enchanting. There is a certain melancholic soul in them. I love the delicate beauty of decay. This house has no doors or windows, and you can see tracks of animals on the snowy floors. Maybe the foxes and rabbits and birds have their meetings there.

I've been planning for many years, to take good photos of this mystery house. But the pictures never come out the way I want. I just can't capture the magical feeling that way. This time I didn't even bring my camera, so I took the photo with my cellphone. The other two b/w pictures are from inside the house. I took them six years ago for a school assignment and developed them myself back then. Here you can see the poor tones and lacking composition skills. That's kind of what the teacher told me. Phew.

No comments: