Wednesday 26 March 2008

A stubborn piece of work


I've been working on this collage/painting for a couple of weeks now. I'm kind of frustrated with it! My original plan was to make something light and ethereal, but instead, it has turned into black and darkish. Funny how these works seem to have a will of their own, even though it is me who holds the paintbrush. Sometimes the most difficult thing with a painting, is knowing when to stop! Anyway, I'm done with this piece now.

About the materials used: I collaged the book pages and images from magazines on aquarelle paper with acrylic medium. Then I continued with gesso and watersoluble wax pastels, smudging them with fingers. Then added black acrylic paint and more gesso and more wax pastels and some more black...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it looks nice, the girls just wanted black dresses of course! :-)

-mari- said...

Thanks! I never thought of that... you just can't force a girl to wear white if she likes black:)