Sunday 12 October 2008

Singer



I'm not much of a sewer (maybe it's just because of not having enough practice), but I've been dreaming of a sewing machine for a long time now. It's not that I really need one and would spend a lot of money on it, because I don't know if I can actually make anything decent with it. But as a stroke of luck, I was given this lovely old Singer 760. Yey! It's in perfect condition and makes very good stitches. The retro look of the machine is also adorable. I'm so happy. I'd better go and practice some more sewing.

2 comments:

Carole said...

I'm not a sewer either. It's not that I can't sew, but I get too frustrated with it.

Hubby bought me a new machine a few years ago, and sadly, it sat in the box for over a year (I know - terrible). I use it from time to time, but not as much as it should be used.

Have fun with your machine!

-mari- said...

Thanks! Im a bit worried that I'll get frustrated too. I have this beautiful vision in my head, that I'll be able to sew cool clothes for myself, just like that, very easily. The reality is different though:)