Saturday 10 January 2009

Art journaling prompts



Keeping an art journal has been on my to-do list for a long time. For some reason, there hasn't been much progress. My Moleskine journal I bought just for this particular purpose, is almost empty and has been sitting abandoned on the shelf. I realised that I need more discipline with journaling, inspiring prompts and sharing my work with others. That's what gets me going.

I purchased L.K. Ludwig's wonderful book "True vision, Authentic art journaling", and immidiately started working with my Moleskine. It's important to start with something, anything. No matter how the pages turn out. I just have to get the process started, an then go from there.

Another great source of inspiration is a journaling challenge that I luckily came accross: "52Q, a year of mini art journaling". There's a Flickr group for the challenge and you can also read more about it from the hostess Emily Falconbridge's blog. The question for the first week was: what do I wish for this year to bring? Here is my take on the subject:


I'll be using small tags (front and back), one for every week. I'm planning to use a binding ring to attach the pages together.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the tag you made!! So glad that youäre doing this, too!

sannika said...

Huippua kun lähdit mukaan! Ja aivan älyttömän hieno tämä ensimmäinen!